DropFunnels Vs ClickFunnels: Full Sales Funnel Software Comparison
There’s a lot to say when it comes to DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels.
- You have ClickFunnels which is the sales funnel software that’s been out for many years.
- You also have DropFunnels, which is the newer platform filled with many features.
So what are some of the biggest similarities and differences when it comes to these two?
Be sure to keep reading on and I’ll help you answer the questions that you’re looking for.
Most importantly, I’ll help you find the right pick based upon your specific needs.
Let’s start the sales funnel builder comparison now.
Table Of Contents
- 1 ClickFunnels Vs DropFunnels: The Biggest Differences
- 2 What Is ClickFunnels? A Look At The Features & Investment
- 2.1 Templates, Landing Pages, & Sales Funnels
- 2.2 Simple Drag-And-Drop Editor For Your Landing Pages
- 2.3 Checkout Pages, Order Bumps, & One-Click Upsells (Profit Maximizers)
- 2.4 More ClickFunnels Features
- 2.5 How Much Is This Software?
- 2.6 ClickFunnels Likes And Dislikes
- 3 What Is DropFunnels? A Look At The Features & Investment
- 3.1 Unlimited Landing Pages, Sales Funnels, Products, Memberships & More
- 3.2 WordPress-Like Editor For Your Landing Pages
- 3.3 WordPress Blogging Platform With SEO Benefit
- 3.4 More DropFunnels Features
- 3.5 How Much Is This Sofware?
- 3.6 DropFunnels Likes And Dislikes
- 4 DropFunnels Vs ClickFunnels Summary Conclusion
ClickFunnels Vs DropFunnels: The Biggest Differences
So I went ahead and completed an in-depth comparison post for you down below.
However, I wanted to go ahead and create a video about this topic for you as well.
You can consider it the cliff-notes when it comes to ClickFunnels vs DropFunnels.
Simply click the play button down below if you’d like to watch it:
I also recommend that you keep reading on as there’s plenty of more details in this post.
Let’s start the DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels comparison and talk about CF and their sales funnels first.
What Is ClickFunnels? A Look At The Features & Investment
ClickFunnels was first launched back in 2014, and it was created by Russell Brunson.
It’s a platform that allows you to quickly create sales funnels that will help you:
- Convert your visitors into leads.
- And then convert those leads into customers.
ClickFunnels has a lot going on for them (which will be compared to DropFunnels as well).
Like most sales funnel builders nowadays, they also come along with a free trial.
Let’s now take a look at what ClickFunnels has to offer within its sales funnel software.
Templates, Landing Pages, & Sales Funnels
Templates are an important part of creating landing pages and sales funnels.
Regardless of the sales funnel builder that I’m going to be testing?
I’m always looking for a decent amount of templates because they help in a variety of ways:
- You won’t have to start from scratch and stare at a blank screen.
- They allow you to get up and running much faster.
The last bullet-point is beneficial because they allow you to save a bunch of time.
I bring this up because ClickFunnels has a ton of landing page templates.
Just for creating squeeze pages, ClickFunnels features over 100 templates.
Down below is an example of one of their landing page templates used for a sales funnel:
ClickFunnels has templates for a wide variety of pages as well, which includes:
- Lead capture pages (as shown right above).
- One-click upsell and downsell pages.
- Thank you and download pages.
- Order forms (for selling offers).
- Membership areas.
- Sales pages.
And a few more such as about, home, and blog post pages.
Note: I’ll talk much more about blogging in general as we continue on this comparison.
There’s plenty of variety when it comes to creating and constructing your sales funnels.
Aside from being able to create marketing pages, putting together your sales funnels is simple.
Down below is an example of a ClickFunnels lead generation funnel with two funnel steps:
When creating your sales funnel, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Add a new step (which is a landing page).
- Drag and re-order where you want your funnel steps to be.
So in the ClickFunnels example above, here are the steps that your visitors will follow:
- They start on the optin page (and hopefully optin).
- They then get sent to the thank you page.
Here is something important to keep in mind when it comes to the basic ClickFunnels plan.
Their basic ClickFunnels plan, which costs $97 per month, comes along with:
- 100 landing pages.
- 20 sales funnels.
This is significantly less than what DropFunnels offers for their Starter Plan.
More about that later as well.
You’ll want to keep that in mind when deciding between ClickFunnels and DropFunnels.
Don’t worry though, I’ll be helping you out with finding the best pick for your online business.
Simple Drag-And-Drop Editor For Your Landing Pages
I must say that ClickFunnels is going to win when it comes to this specific category.
They have one of the simplest and smoothest drag-and-drop builders on the market.
One of the biggest reasons for this is because ClickFunnels has been out for many years now.
They’ve had the time to edit and tweak their editor over time.
It is as simple as drag and drop.
As shown in the screenshot above, all of the icons have dropdowns to make more edits.
- You click on what you want to edit.
- Make any of the appropriate changes that you need.
And then, of course, repeat the process.
DropFunnels works similarly, but I’ll be talking about the builder in their section.
So if simplicity is one of the biggest features that you look for when it comes to sales funnels?
ClickFunnels just might be the best option for you.
Let’s take a look at a few more features that can help you make more money and sales.
Checkout Pages, Order Bumps, & One-Click Upsells (Profit Maximizers)
I’ve previously said that ClickFunnels doesn’t have the most powerful shopping carts in the world.
But they get the job done.
There are different types of checkout pages that you can create with ClickFunnels:
- A standard checkout page that you pretty much see everywhere.
- A 2-step checkout page just like in the example shown above.
These shopping cart pages are mobile-optimized, as well with every ClickFunnels landing page.
However, a fantastic feature that comes along with their shopping carts is the order bump.
Picture From: The complete order bump tutorial.
An order bump is a box that allows your customers to make another purchase.
The best part about it?
Your customers only need to checkoff one tiny box to make the purchase.
This makes the buying process much easier for your customers.
That can ultimately mean more sales and money for you.
In terms of an easier buying process, ClickFunnels also offers one-click upsells and downsells.
So what is a one-click upsell anyway?
It’s a page that your customers get taken to after making their initial purchase:
- They can make another purchase by making only one-click of their mouse.
- Or they can hit the “No Thanks” button and move onto the next page of the funnel.
Good news as well, and it’s that DropFunnels offers these features as well.
You can read more about this feature in the related post down below.
Related Tutorial: Setting up a ClickFunnels OTO.
Let’s quickly look at a few more of the features that ClickFunnels has to offer.
More ClickFunnels Features
As shown in the image above, ClickFunnels also comes with the ability to create memberships.
Related Reading: About ClickFunnels membership areas.
However, this isn’t one of their most powerful features (it needs a little work).
- You can use one of their templates and edit around your membership site.
- You also have the ability to drip and lock-out specific content.
But aside from that?
You won’t be seeing many advanced membership site features (same with DropFunnels).
Which is alright, if you’re just looking for something basic when it comes to memberships.
ClickFunnels also allows you to run both live and automated webinars.
Down below is an example of a nice template for a webinar registration page:
You can also combine ClickFunnels with other webinar tools, which I’ve done before.
Aside from those features?
There a couple of premium features if you end up using their Platinum plan:
- Affiliate management system.
- Follow-up funnels that are very similar to what an email marketing platform.
However, you can always use ClickFunnels and attach a third-party email marketing tool.
ClickFunnels also comes with many more perks and features as well.
I’ll put a link down below if you’d like to see more features that ClickFunnels offers:
They do a great job of explaining everything that they have to offer in terms of their plans.
Speaking of plans, let’s take a look at how much the investment for ClickFunnels will be.
How Much Is This Software?
ClickFunnels had recently updated their plans, so now they have two of them.
Here is what they are:
- ClickFunnels basic is $97 per month.
- ClickFunnels Platinum is $297 per month.
- TwoCommaClub X is $2,497 per month (rarely available).
The Two Comma Club plan is pricey because it comes along with coaching for ClickFunnels.
On the other hand, here are the important perks of the first two plans:
- $97 plan comes with 20 sales funnels and 100 marketing pages.
- $297 plan comes with unlimited sales funnels and marketing pages.
So the price can drastically change based upon how many pages and funnels that you need.
And if you would like to dig much deeper when it comes to the price of this sales funnel builder?
So that’s a good amount of information when it comes to what ClickFunnels offers.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this sales funnel builder.
ClickFunnels Likes And Dislikes
No sales funnel builder is perfect, even if it’s been out for many years.
After all, customers can always find more room for improvement based on experience.
So with that being said, let’s take a look at the dislikes and likes when it comes to ClickFunnels.
- Support could certainly be faster.
- Creating websites and blogs isn’t recommended.
- Their membership area needs improvement (it’s their weakest link).
First and foremost, many people have stated that their support could be much better.
I happen to agree.
However, their customer support (for me) hasn’t been as bad as many people make it out to be.
Many times, they’ve gone into my account and created a video to personally help me.
On the other hand, having to wait for almost a day to fix something could be a nightmare.
I also have zero interest in asking in their Facebook group.
I want expert help, not a bunch of randoms commenting and not even answering the question.
And then there is their membership area.
As I’ve stated, it’s very basic and certainly has a lot of room for improvement.
I’ve also never run into any major bugs which others often like to talk about it.
For me, ClickFunnels has been an overall very smooth process for creating sales funnels.
Let’s talk a little bit more about what I like.
- Simple to use.
- They’re always improving.
- Premium affiliate program.
- Smooth drag-and-drop builder.
- Hundreds of templates to pick from.
- ClickFunnels comes along with a free trial.
- I can rapidly create full-blown sales funnels.
- The share funnels feature is also great for quickly built funnels.
- My unused traffic rolls over into the next month (for the basic plan).
- One-click upsell pages, as well as order-bumps, are fantastic features.
There’s a reason why this software has well-over 100,000 customers.
Aside from Russell Brunson’s marketing, this sales funnel builder pretty much sells itself.
It’s also helpful that there isn’t a big learning curve when it comes to first using this tool.
This is something that you’ll figure out once you test it for yourself.
I’ll leave a link down below where you can get your free trial:
So that’s just a little bit of what ClickFunnels has to offer.
Let’s move onto the other side of the ClickFunnels vs DropFunnels comparison now.
What Is DropFunnels? A Look At The Features & Investment
DropFunnels is also a top sales funnel builder that will help you grow your online business.
I was created by Jordan Mederich and was launched around the early part of 2020.
Right off the bat, there is a massive difference when it comes to DropFunnels and ClickFunnels.
DropFunnels is built on the powerful website infrastructure of WordPress.
It’s also been considered one of the only software built on WordPress that is:
- Very fast.
- And don’t forget about being feature unlimited (I’ll be talking about that).
DropFunnels also allows you to get some search engine benefits as well.
Important Note: You don’t need to buy or use any other type of theme or plugins.
You also won’t need hosting to use this DropFunnels software.
Similar to ClickFunnels, DropFunnels also comes along with a free trial below:
Let’s take a look at what DropFunnels has to offer within its software.
Unlimited Landing Pages, Sales Funnels, Products, Memberships & More
This is going to be a big difference when it comes to DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels.
This is also something that I love when it comes to this sales funnel software:
DropFunnels comes along with a variety of unlimited perks and features.
Here are a few of the perks that are unlimited with DropFunnels:
- Blog posts.
- Sales funnels.
- Landing pages.
- Front-end websites.
- Membership sites and courses.
You also get a CRM that comes along with unlimited leads and sales funnels.
Keep in mind that all of these perks come with both of the DropFunnels plans.
More on that later as well.
The screenshot above shows you an example of a few of the DropFunnels templates.
Note: DropFunnels doesn’t have anywhere near the number of templates as ClickFunnels.
However, they aren’t that bad, and they are simple as well (which I prefer).
I’ll put another example down below of a clean simple webinar registration page:
As previously mentioned with DropFunnels, you also get an unlimited number of:
- Membership sites.
So you won’t have to worry about being limited in each of those sections for your sales funnels.
This is something that I mentioned specifically in my DropFunnels review.
In terms of pages, you’ll never be at a chokehold when it comes to how many you can create.
Back to the topic at hand though.
In terms of membership sites, while they are unlimited, they are pretty basic.
I feel that both of these platforms need work when it comes to this feature.
Down below is a quick example of a DropFunnels membership template:
When it comes to the DropFunnels unlimited membership sites, you can add:
- Lessons, which go inside of the modules.
- As well as videos and text which will be the content in your lessons.
When it comes to the battle of ClickFunnels vs DropFunnels in terms of memberships?
Both could certainly use some work.
But if basic is what you’re looking for, then you shouldn’t have a problem with either.
I would say that DropFunnels has the advantage given the fact that they are unlimited.
(and the templates look a little better too).
Let’s move onto the next section now.
WordPress-Like Editor For Your Landing Pages
So DropFunnels does have a drag-and-drop editor, this is true.
However, I wouldn’t say that it’s as smooth as the editor that ClickFunnels has.
In the example above, I only changed around the text and the color of the button.
I would like it if DropFunnels had multiple sections available in front of you on the screen.
Instead, here are the steps that you will utilize to edit your landing page:
- Click your mouse on the section that needs some editing.
- Make the editing that you need.
Their drag-and-drop editor feels like you’re using a WordPress editor like Thrive.
This is neither good nor bad.
However, there is going to be a slight learning curve when it comes to using their editor.
This is important for when you compare the DropFunnels editor to what ClickFunnels offers.
Let’s look at the next feature, which is one where DropFunnels dominates (hands-down).
WordPress Blogging Platform With SEO Benefit
With DropFunnels, you also get an unlimited amount of blog posts as well.
Note: This is pretty standard for any type of blogging platform out there.
So the combo of sales funnels and blogging is something that I’m always addressing.
When it comes to using any type of blog (like this one), I prefer the setup of:
- Along with a WordPress website.
Nevertheless, it can be very helpful that DropFunnels itself is built on WordPress.
So if you happen to be building your online business from scratch?
Consider this a really big benefit, especially for the fact that you can:
- Create an unlimited amount of sales funnels and pages.
- Create an unlimited amount of blog posts as well.
This is quite beneficial for you because:
- You don’t have to purchase any hosting.
- You also don’t need to create any separate WordPress blogs.
DropFunnels has you covered in those departments, and it also comes with SEO benefits.
This also means that DropFunnels is very beneficial for beginners.
Nevertheless, you can see an example of what their blog platform looks like in the image above.
It’s almost identical to your standard WordPress blog post (for obvious reasons).
You also get the search engine optimization benefits as well, which you can see below:
So as opposed to Rusell Brunson saying:
Abandond your website!
Jordan, on the other hand, wants you to use both your sales funnels and websites.
I like Jordan’s message better, but I also see where Russell is coming from.
So what other differences are there when it comes to DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels?
Let’s take a look at a few more features that come along with DropFunnels.
More DropFunnels Features
As shown in the image above, there’s even a DropFunnels link-tracker feature.
This works in a very similar way to the WordPress plugin: Pretty Link.
Here are the steps, as shown in the screenshot that I added above:
- Source URL: Add it in.
- Destination URL: Add it in.
- Choose your action type as well as your redirection type.
Click on the Create Redirection button, and you now have your very own unique link.
This feature isn’t any type of game-changer.
BUT (there’s your BIG but), it’s certainly a nice perk to have (which ClickFunnels doesn’t have).
Here is a quick list of a few more perks that accompany the DropFunnels software:
- One-click upsells.
- Custom domain mapping.
- Checkout pages for making sales.
- CRM with an unlimited amount of leads.
- Sell your products by utilizing both PayPal or Stripe.
- Create an unlimited amount of products and courses.
- Add posts, pages, and media just like when using WordPress.
DropFunnels has plenty more where those features came from as well.
I’ll leave a link down below where you can check out everything that they have to offer:
Reminder: DropFunnels also comes along with a free trial for testing them out.
So with all of these great features, is DropFunnels going to break the bank?
They certainly won’t.
Let’s now take a look at the investment that comes along with DropFunnels.
How Much Is This Sofware?
Here are the three plans that DropFunnels currently has to offer:
- The Starter Plan is $49 per month.
- The Pro Plan comes out to $149 per month.
- The Agency Plan comes out to $297 per month (recently added).
Now here is something that you’re going to love when it comes to their plans.
You get all of the same amazing features and perks with each pricing plan.
There is only going to be one difference between the two plans (besides the price):
- The Starter Plan allows up to 10,000 visitors per month.
- The Pro Plan allows up to 250,000 visitors per month.
This makes for an easy decision when it comes to the Starter Plan vs the Pro Plan.
And if you happen to need some more information when it comes to this topic?
So those are the three easy plans that come along with this sales funnel builder.
Let’s take a look at the pros and the cons of this sales funnel software now.
DropFunnels Likes And Dislikes
Let’s get right on into it.
- DropFunnels could be a little smoother.
- The editor comes with a slight learning curve.
- Newbies and beginners will most likely get the most value from this software.
There’s not a lot that I didn’t like about this software, which is always a good sign.
However, by comparing this software to CF, it shows a big difference in simplicity.
Overall, I feel that DropFunnels could be slightly smoother in terms of how it functions.
With that, you can expect a slight learning curve (which is going to be expected).
And as I mentioned previously, I also feel that DropFunnels will be best for:
And when it comes to the other dislike, DropFunnels seems like it’s most efficient for:
- Beginners or any marketer who hasn’t made many sales with their online business.
- Anyone who currently doesn’t have a website, blog, or hosting.
This isn’t to say that intermediate and veteran marketers can’t use DropFunnels.
However, a beginner would be able to get the biggest amount of value from this software.
I like using the setup of hosting to go with my website/blog.
That’s just my personal opinion.
Now here are the pros that come along with DropFunnels.
- Efficient page load speeds.
- Generous affiliate program.
- $49 per month is of great value.
- DropFunnels comes with a free trial.
- Having a built-in link tracker is a nice touch.
- They have almost everything you need (no email marketing feature).
- Don’t forget about unlimited pages, sales funnels, memberships, and courses.
Being able to have so many unlimited perks is a very big benefit of this software.
I can’t stop talking about that enough.
That means that you won’t have to upgrade based upon needing more marketing pages.
You would, however, need to upgrade if you need more than 10,000 visitors per month.
Aside from that?
I believe that the price correctly matches the value that you get from DropFunnels.
When compared to ClickFunnels, it is certainly the cheaper tool of the two.
Anywho, you now have a ton of information when it comes to DropFunnels and ClickFunnels.
Let’s move to the epic grand finale of this DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels post.
DropFunnels Vs ClickFunnels Summary Conclusion
So who is going to be the best software in the battle of DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels?
Allow me to rephrase that question for you.
Who is going to be the best software for you, based upon your needs and wants?
Here are the various reasons why you might want to use each tool, starting with ClickFunnels.
Use ClickFunnels For Your Sales Funnels If
- You want a simpler solution.
- You don’t mind paying more (double).
- You want an easier to use drag-and-drop builder.
- You want access to hundreds of landing page templates.
ClickFunnels is going to be hard to beat, especially when it comes to ease of use.
After all, they’ve been out for so much longer and have had the time to make changes.
So if you want a sales funnel builder that is overall simpler to use and navigate?
I’d highly recommend that you give ClickFunnels the free trial that they deserve:
So those are some of the main reasons why you might want to use ClickFunnels.
Let’s move onto the other side of the comparison now.
Use DropFunnels For Your Sales Funnels If
- You want the lower-priced solution.
- You plan on using their platform for blogging.
- You want many of their unlimited features and perks.
- You’re more of a beginner marketer (or haven’t made many sales).
For the last bullet point, I do feel that DropFunnels is better for beginner marketers.
As they can help create all of your marketing pages, sales funnels, as well as blog posts.
This is also better for beginners given the fact that it is just about half the price of ClickFunnels.
While it may not be as easy to use as ClickFunnels, there’s a lot to like about this software.
Reminder: Don’t forget about many of their unlimited perks.
So if any of those bullet points above hit home for you?
Then there’s a good chance that you’ll want to give DropFunnels a try.
Down below is where you can get your free trial:
I want to say thank you for taking the time to read more about DropFunnels vs ClickFunnels.
Regardless of which sales funnel tool you use?
I truly hope that it helps you build and grow your online business.